Friday, July 5, 2019

All of Life

Vacation Bible School has such a special place in my heart.  I can remember countless summers spent next to Mom playing guitar and singing "Pharoh, Pharoh, OOOHHHH baby let me people go, HUH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!"  That one and of course "Awesome God."  I loved VBS.  I loved participating in it and I loved volunteering when I had technically outgrown it.

Since having kids I have not volunteered to be a part of a VBS until this summer.  For me, VBS was a way to take a break from kids, not surround myself with hundreds of them, but this year I decided to dig in and volunteer.

It was an especially great year to do it because we also took our good friends Kayla and Faith with us!  Such a fun time and I think all of the girls had a blast.  

Yes, that is a flower headband on my head.


This year's All of Life camp was all about the Miracles of Jesus, and those two characters are Belinda Nye, and Dr, VanHelsing aka Pat Pat the Science Rat.  They were awesome and we had so many fun times seeing if the scientist could recreate a Jesus Miracle.  We learned a lot about the miraculous this week and when it comes to Jesus sometimes science just can't come close.

I put myself on a different team than all of my girls out of the firm belief that they should get to know some other leaders in our village.  They all had a blast and came away with such great memories.  I think everyone's favorite day was water day complete with a huge Fire Truck that doused us all with water.  

All of Life Camp 2019 was a smashing success.....and I am pooped!

No comments:

Post a Comment