Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Hey Roomie!

I am so grateful for the people that have come into my life.  Not every person who goes to college gets to keep making awesome memories with their roomates.  I am one of those lucky people and even though I seem to keep moving away from her, I still stay buds with my college roomate and friend Carolyn!


This year BJ and Carolyn bought their TESLA!  To say that Bob has been geeking out with BJ would be an understatement.  They decided to take their Tesla on the road and visit us.  It was so much fun to ride out in the wild in the "dream car."  Won't lie, its not just a Bob thing anymore. I kinda like it........okay.....I love the dang thing.  Such a cool car.

They spent one of their days here with us doing our river running thing.  It was hot, yes, but the river was delightful and I couldn't wait to take all the kids.

Ellie is figuring out the river too.  She is such a good puppy.  We got her a little green life jacket and she and I paddle the river together. She hasn't fallen off once.......can't say the same thing about me.  Ellie isn't completely in love with the idea, but she is amazingly calm, and such a fun companion on the river.



BJ managed to get himself flipped over under a tree right out of the gate.  He was such a good sport and even though he lost his sunglasses, it didn't seem to damage his spirit!



All the kids took turns on the little green kayak and when they weren't swimming in the river, raiding the snack bag, or jumping off rocks, they all wanted to be on my paddleboard.  This was the one point where my board was the most full.  Amazingly none of us fell off!




The wild horses were out all over the river and it was amazing to see their dynamics and all the different colors.  These horses are amazing.  They literally eat the river grass and will completely submerge their heads to get it.  They swim back and forth across the river and are incredibly resilient in the 108 degree heat.
 



We jumped off rocks, threw marshmallows, had a picnic, and all managed to keep from getting too sunburned.

Our day closed with tacos and plenty of conversation to last a while.  I miss this woman and her family, but I am ever so grateful that we still manage to stay a part of each other's lives.  Here's to the day we can have a Tesla date together!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment