Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Evie Looses a Tooth!

The day has come!  Evie lost her very first baby tooth!  Oh how she has desperately wanted to lose some teeth.  Ever since Lily started getting money from that little fairy Evie has been ever so anxious to start cashing in.  I will admit I was a bit worried a year ago when she ran up to me telling me her teeth were getting loose! Yikes, you are only 4 kid.  Ah the hopes of a dreamer.  Evie has done her best to wait patiently, but it has been so hard.  About 2 months ago she came up to me just sure her bottom tooth was loose.  I checked and sure enough, it was just starting its letting go process.

I will admit, watching your baby hit these milestones is a little bit more emotional then I would have initially thought.  With Lily it was all so exciting because I still had her sister to experience it all with.  I won't lie, I had a little nostalgia when she lost a tooth.  No more baby smile!  I don't have babies anymore.


Evie has been wiggling that little tooth for a long time now and the other day she was convinced that it was time to come out.  "Mommy, I think we can pull it out."  So we sat there on the couch wiggling, twisting, and trying to grab it.  It was probably a little premature, but she was so determined.  I finally told her that if she really wanted it out I could pull it out with my tweezers.  She took a big breath and said, "Okay Mommy, let's try that."  So I did and after 3 tries, VOILA!  It was out and Evie lit up.  Actually Lily is the one who was overly excited, but both girls were giddy!


I put the tooth fairy on notice and made sure that Evie put the tooth under her pillow.  

That poor tooth fairy though.  She just cannot remember.  So the next morning when a distraught Evie woke up to find nothing but her old tooth under her pillow, Mommy took to her phone to text the little lady.  Seriously tooth fairy, come on.  I sent a very concerned text to the Tooth Fairy and got a message back in short order.

Evie, I came to visit last night,
But didn't want to wake you up.
So I put your money in a special place.
Look next to Green Eggs and Ham.

Evie flew back into her room and scoured her book nook until she found it. $3 was there tucked right out of the corner. Whew, crisis averted.  I am going to have to create some sort of alert system to help that Fairy out.


My baby no longer has her perfect little baby smile and I am excited. She is growing up and is on her way to big kid status.  Hooray for holey smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment