Monday, July 3, 2017

The Day Julie Joined the Fam

Evie Frances is such a little light.  She is the most loving and snuggly kid EVER.  I call her my sucker fish lately because she loves to come and do sucking kisses.  YES, I have to watch that she doesn't give me a hicky, but oh man, this kid loves.  She is the first to hug and the last to let go.  If you have the privilege of holding some of Evie's affection you are a blessed individual indeed.

Its good, God knew I needed her to be that way otherwise I probably would have eaten her.  The kid has gumption and boldness and strength to match even the fiercest mother.  On more than one occasion I find myself on my knees going, "Jesus, take the wheel, cause I got nothing!"

All of June we celebrated this little girl and the birthday celebrations just kept happening.  One of the really special moments was when Evie got her first American Girl Doll.  With gift card in hand, we all headed up to the store in Scottsdale for the entire experience.


AG is a mecca for all things girlie.  Upon entering the store you are brought into this amazing world of dreaming and playing and fun.  There are so many dolls, and so many things to do.  Everywhere you go you can pick up a doll and start playing.  With so many options I was afraid that we would never get out of the store.


I am ever so grateful that we met this lovely lady.  She told us to "just wait, you will see her want to play with one doll more than the others.....just watch."  After about 10 minutes Evie walked right up the the Blonde haired firey Julie and said, "Mommy, I want her!"  So our helper got her down and told Evie, "Now, you hold her and make sure she fits right, okay?  Let me know if she is your dolly."  Evie walked around the little kiosk and said without wavering, "I love her."




So Julie became part of our family.  She represents a bold time of history and I believe without doubt that Evie will mirror that.  She is bold and will fight.  Trust me......I know.  She made the decision and didn't look back once.  This little girl embraced her little friend with all the love she has.



The day Julie joined the family was a special day and a small snippet in the many adventures of Evie's 4th birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment