Saturday, July 8, 2017

Colorado Moments

I cannot even begin to tell you how incredibly thankful I am for my photography business and for the incredible friends and clients that keep me coming back to Colorado.  Especially during this time of waiting for my parent's house to sell it has been amazing to be able to have a constant visiting plan!  I really am just so very grateful.  

Our Colorado trip came right on the heels of our Bahamas trip which didn't leave very much time for unpacking, repacking and regrouping, but we did it and found ourselves in the cool Rocky Mountains lickity split.  My girls LOVE the mountains and while it was a bit of an adjustment to get used to the outdoors again, within 1 day they had embraced the mountains and all the fun it had to offer.   





One thing is for absolute certain, my girls LOVE their Memaw and Papa.  There is simply nothing so sweet for me as watching every face in these images.  The smiles are so genuine and full of so much love.  THIS is what life is about.  Tickles and giggles and snuggles.  It makes my heart so happy to watch my girls with Memaw and Papa.  Kids are so simple and so easy.  Just love them...You just can't help your smile when you have a giggly 6 year old in your lap!



Evie Frances is ALL about tickles right now and Papa, AKA the Boogeyman, was only too happy to deliver.  I love everything about this.



As always one of the many highlights and "must do's" of my trips to Colorado is running and visiting with my sweet sole sister and best running buddy Sarah.  Her friendship is so special to me and we and our children have such a bond because we are a 6-some that runs!  From the time they were all itty bitties we have run together.  While pushing our double joggers down the trails we would dream about the day when all 4 of them would ride their bikes and we would be jogger free.  Well, we are half way there!  Lily and Caleb rode over 11 miles with us during this visit and we were left sharing the weight (the heavy weight!) of only 1 jogger.  Our kids love each other so much.  


Sarah and I always feel so blessed too because each set of friends does friendship really well.  They love each other and we hardly ever hear fighting.  It is just special.  



There is something about literally growing up together in a jogger that connects you for life I suppose.  It doesn't matter how much time goes between visits, one fact remains, these 4 are best buddies for life.


I was very busy doing my photography, but did manage to have a couple of days of down time during our visit.  One of the mornings we headed out to the barn for some horse time and I really couldn't help but smile.  My girls light up out at the barn.  There is so much joy and talent that comes from these little girls.  Evie is of course the fearless wonder who believes that a 1200 pound animal is just a big teddy.  She wants to do everything herself and I find myself having to just pray any lessons learned come with low consequences.





We had a blast riding together and enjoying the trail behind the house.  When riding is done there is of course an endless supply of playing and exploring left to do.  The girls LOVE it and take their playing role seriously.


Memaw kept all of us out of the main area of the barn because there were little fledglings (spelling Mom?) who were learning how to fly.  Mom and Dad discovered their nest a while back and have been watching and caring for them.  The Momma has kept them in the barn as they explore the idea of flying.  I got to sneak into their practice field later that day and snagged a couple close ups.  How cute are these guys?



The girls and I went for a nature walk one day on a hunt for pine cones to decorate.  It wasn't really the season for great pine cones so it was a tricky hunt.  Memaw has the eye for it and helped the girls find this gem.  Just seemed to perfect a cone not to photograph it.


Sarah and I got together again one morning to run the Waterton Canyon trail.  It is so gorgeous up there and was a lovely run with her.  It's so great to simply run and walk and talk and have good conversations.


We have entered a really exciting time as my parents have sold their house and will be Arizonans by the end of summer.  While its bittersweet, I cannot tell you how excited I am to have them closer.  This visit was kind of the final hoorah before we close one chapter and open the next.












The best part of the trip really came right at the end when our travel plans crossed paths with my brother and sis-in-law's plans.  It was such a short time, but it was so great to connect and catch up with them on the last day of my visit and the first day of theirs.  We played with drones and my girls had a BLAST playing with Caksu their awesomely energetic lab.  My girls need a dog.....no two ways around it.





Colorado will always be a  special place for me and my girls and I look forward to many more visits.  

No comments:

Post a Comment