Saturday, May 27, 2017

Spring Flings and Superheroes

May is such a busy, busy month.  I can remember, well before I had school aged kids, all the moms telling me how chaotic the last month of school before summer was.  Let me tell you......they weren't lying!  Whew!

Both of the girls had their end of the year programs and I had so much fun being the Momma in the seats.  I don't think there is anything quite like seeing your child's face light up when you walk through the door and she knows you are there to see her.  So so special.

Lily's school doesn't do a Kindergarten graduation ceremony and instead they do a music/picnic day.  Bob was out of town for Lily's performance, but I made sure to show up with camera in hand.  



The teachers gave all of us parents a 5 second window to get up close and take their picture.  I couldn't help but snap one of the whole class.  I feel like this picture represents Kindergarteners fully. Lily and the little boy in front were all about my camera.  Too cute.  



Her music was special and so much fun to watch.  After her little performance we had lunch out on the playground and it was a perfect way to spend the morning.  I got to take Lily home early too so she and I got some extra 1 on 1 time.  Holy Cow........Lily is in FIRST GRADE now!




This ball of joy was next and OH. MY. WORD. are preschool shows the BEST.  Evie has been singing this song about superheroes for the past month and I have been anxious to get the whole thing with all the words.  I think my favorite part of her practice sessions has been:

....I will defend your city, rescue a kitty......
.....I have super powers, super strength and super speed......(motions included)
.....I can be a superhero and stand up for what's right.....any day or night!

It's been a daily highlight for me.






Can't you just hear her?  They did this awesome song about their body parts and then a great song in Spanish about colors.  I am not sure there is anything more entertaining than watching a bunch of 3 year olds attempt to sing in Spanish.  

Of course, in true "my kid" fashion, at 6:30 in the evening we got the huge yawns and the eye rubbing.




Which didn't last long when she and her buddy got into a who can sing louder contest on stage.


Much like Lily, Evie is a friend to all....and a little bit of distracted trouble.  Gosh I love that child.


After Evie's show we had cookies and played with her best friend Hayden.  These 2, they are a force in this preschool.  Both Tiffany and I have ended up in the principal's office on more than one occasion this year.  AHHH second borns.



She stopped moving for one measly attempt at a photo with me.  This is really the best we got.  It's okay....It's Evie.......and I love her.



She even got snuggled by her amazing teachers too.  


As the sun slowly fell lower we ended the night and began the closing of Evie's first year of preschool.  This little girl has grown so much this year and is hands down one of the most fun and smart little kids.



It has been a busy month and I still have yet to share about their actual last days......but watching them participate with their class and their schools was such a blast of warmth to my heart.  My girls have got incredible community and their village loves them well.

No comments:

Post a Comment