Saturday, October 8, 2016

Journey to IRONMAN: Volume

I am in the thick of it.  I have dreamed for YEARS of being 6 weeks away from an IRONMAN and I am here...living my dream.....making it a reality......and kicking A** while doing it (can I say that here?)  My coach told me months ago that when I got to November I was going to be 100% confident that I could finish the race.  Its October 8th and I am nearly there.  I can do this.....I am going to be an IRONMAN!

I have to say it over and over again.  I have to believe it, dream it, chase it and know it.  The volume is high right now.  There are so many miles and miles and miles left to journey down before I get to that start line.  But I'm closer......every day brings me closer.  I have 18 miles of running today.  That's 18 miles closer to my dream.  I have another century ride/4 mile brick to do on Sunday.
 That's one hundred miles closer to my dream.  I have a nearly 3 mile swim in the lake on Monday.  A Great recovery.....and I'm 3 miles closer.

I never think about sleeping in past my alarm clock, I never wish I didn't have to train.  I love this life, I love this sport, I LOVE everything about it.  It energizes me and delights me.  It satisfies me and gives me incredible personal joy.  Plus I look pretty good in a pair of leggings.

Sure, sometimes it's hard to not eat the entire elephant when the amount of volume is substantial, this stuff is incredibly big.  But it's not scary.....not anymore.  I can do this stuff.  I can swim like an IRONMAN, I can bike like an IRONMAN, and I can run like an IRONMAN.  One session at a time. Eye on the prize Bethany.

Honestly the hardest part of this right now is making sure that I am fueling well and with enough food and that I am getting enough sleep.  Those two components are incredibly challenging and yet SO CRITICAL.

Everything is coming together and it's now when the volume is at its max that I am finding what truly lies within.


No comments:

Post a Comment