Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Hey, Let's Be Friends

I had the most amazing thing happen to me this month......I was able to reconnect with my childhood friend that I haven't seen in over 25 years!  She and I used to be neighbors and we would walk to each other's houses.  We played and had tea parties and dressed up and rode our bikes for hours as little ladies.  Oh the memories that will forever live in my heart!

We have recently had this awesome family move 2 houses down from us and they brought a house full of GIRLS!  My two little ladies are so excited and we have had ever so much fun getting to know them!


We have entered this new phase of life where the girls get home from school and then either run down the street or have their friends come over to play until dinner time.  It delights me and I sit and work or make dinner to the open door sounds of them chasing each other, coloring, riding their bikes or playing in some imaginary world.  It is everything childhood should be!


All of the girls were over yesterday playing princess dress up.  I wish I could truly paint the right picture of just how covered my floor was with dresses, clothes, crowns and shoes.  Once they were all trussed up I just had to whip out my camera.

Miss B is one of the most precious 10 year olds.  She is smart and social with a sweet personality and a kind heart.  She talked to me for about an hour the other day and then stayed to help me make dinner.  She is responsible and an absolute delight.


Miss E is full of life and as precocious as Miss Lily.  This girlie is in 1st grade this year and is always willing to help Lily with her homework.  She is happy and smiley and a great friend.


All of the girls wanted to blow kisses and my girls got in on the action.  I love my Lily.  She is wild and all Kindergarten.  She is beautiful and bold and brave.  I see it.  She is Ariel for this years Halloween and birthday celebrations and I simply love to see her boldly wear her sequins.  


Then there is this bundle of trouble wrapped in cuteness.  Everyone is blowing kisses and then there's Evie.  I showed Bob all of these pictures and when we got to this one he was like, "Ha, yep....that's Evie."  She may be the littlest of the group, but she is a giant amongst them.  She fits in with the big kids and yet gladly beats to her own drum.  Goodness I love my girls.


I LOVE this new friendship that my girls have found and pray relentlessly that it grows and becomes a delightful childhood memory


No comments:

Post a Comment