Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Journey to IRONMAN: Training Daze

August is here!  Summer is nearly 1/2 over.....school is about to begin and cooler temperatures are closer than they were yesterday.  Life is good.  

The days are crazy hot right now.  Someone described it as oppressive.  That is such a true statement.  Its not horrible to train in, honestly, but its hard to be in 24 hours a day.  Its just hot.  Welcome to Phoenix.  






The weeks and days of training are flying by.  Some days in a blur and some days like a tortoise.  I am so grateful for the people that share the training road with me.  Whether its early morning cycling, a brick session or an open water endurance swim I am not alone.  The heat may be oppressive, but I have my army and its a fierce one.








Each month I have taken on the task of running the IRONMAN race course with my good buddy Mike Finney.  I am SO grateful he likes to do it (he is a 4 time IRONMAN).  It has given me a true taste of the loop and helped me recognize weak mental spots.  Its also done something perfect.........Its showed me how doable it is.  I can run that course.....I know I can.



I'm all in now and less than 10 days from my Half IRONMAN race.  Once I finish that its all in to the goal, my dream, IRONMAN Tempe 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment