Friday, December 4, 2015

I Swear I Lived

I'm in a really interesting and awesome space in my life right now.  It's a bold, brave and fierce space.  Exhibit A:  I "Pink" ed my hair last night.  Pink is a popular singer songwriter.  I love her because she sings empowering music and is herself a force to be reckoned with.  She is strong and fierce, not tied to the trendy whims, but confident in herself.  She has not catered to pressure and become the thin stick figure singer so many young women are and has instead become and even fitter, stronger woman who swings on silks over her audience.  She isn't a media hype and instead is just good at what she does.  She's bold......I have always been drawn to her.  Her look requires a mostly shaved head and I just didn't think I could do it.  Too big. Too Bold. Too Dramatic.

Until this year.......



One Republic has this amazing song out right now that is all about living life to the fullest:

I................I did it all
I owned every second that this world could give
I saw so many places the things that I did
With every broken bone, I swear I lived.

This could not be a more perfect song for the space of life I am in.  I want to live, I want to do things, BIG things.  I want to love and dream outlandish things.  I want to take risks and believe in the impossible.  I want to shave my head and get a tattoo.  I want to say YES to the things I would have so easily said no to 5 years ago.  I want to live.........without looking back and wishing I had.

I want to live abundantly.  I want to pull up to the pearly gates knowing without doubt.........I lived.

Saying YES to life is a powerful thing.  This is especially true when saying "no," "maybe tomorrow" or "when the kids get older" is so much easier and safer.  Doubt, uncertainty, fear and worry will ALWAYS linger.......they will always be there inviting you back into the safety of no. Saying YES takes balls and bravery.  Saying YES to new people and places is one of the most life giving things I have done, and I have had to do it much.  Want to really "live" your life?  Start saying yes to living......and no to the things that try to steal the living from you.


I am acutely aware of the things that steal my joy right now and am also acutely aware of the things that speak life and power into me.   I have surrounded myself with the latter and have all but removed the former.  Don't need it.......don't need the news, don't need the drama, don't need to consistently bear the what ifs and burdens of "this world."  I'm not of it anyways......I was given life in abundance.....and right now I am embracing it.....fully.

 I came that you may have life, and that you may have it more abundantly.
-John 10:10


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew the moment I met you that you where special.. I love your energy it is contagious ! You are going to have a great year.

    ReplyDelete