Friday, July 17, 2015

I'd Rather Be on 4 Legs

Back to catching up!  Our Colorado trip was so much fun.  The girls were simply beside themselves with excitement about riding the horses and seeing Memaw and Papa. Evie got a brand new suitcase to carry her own clothes in and for the week leading up to our departure toodled around the house with it all day long.  "Evie do it!"  She would say.  So cute.


Our flights got a little messed up so I ended up taking the girls by myself on the journey while Bob went ahead of us.  It worked out wonderfully.  My girls are getting so big.  I bought Evie "Hooty" as he is lovingly called and she wore him while Lily took on the responsibility of "walking Evie" (Yes, I have no shame in leashing my 2 year old!)  Lily had such a sense of pride with the job and the two did great.  That isn't to say we did have a few moments when Evie, refusing to go where Lily wanted, got literally dragged across the floor, but overall, it was a win!


Our AC went out the night before we left so we ended up in a hotel and short on sleep.  Between the hotel stay, a day of travel and no nap, Evie simply couldn't make it through dinner.  You know your two year old is exhausted when she crawls under the table, finds your lap and is sleeping within 2 minutes.


But we made it!  And we started the week with a BANG on the back of a horse.  Lily and Evie are horse women, pure and simple.  Evie has no fear and just loves to ride.  All of Lily's learning and training came back and she was only too quick to get up on Bon Bon and do her thang!





Carrots are for kids too!


So I have a picture of Lily around this age in this same helmet.  Evie LOVES her helmet and is only too quick to tell everyone about it.  You want to know about horses?  Evie will be sure you wear a "hemet!"








We got to spend 2 glorious days with my running buddy Sarah and her boys.  These guys had so much fun playing together and even though we only got in 1 run, it was as it should be....screaming kids and all!  Ahh I miss this girl!




I spent most of my days wearing the Bethany Jayne Photography hat and taking pictures, but I did manage to sneak out one morning for a ride with Mom and the girls.  Lily rode by herself and Evie sat up behind Memaw.  It was such a blessing and was such a fun ride!




Wanna know the best way to entertain my children?  A Bucket, a hose, a silly dog that loves to bite at the water and a perfect Summer Day.  Evie and Oreo played like this for about 30 minutes while Lily enjoyed swimming in the pond (she rocks!) and playing in the bucket.














My girls are so adventurous.  They are really up for anything and I love it.  We enjoyed every minute back in the Rocky Mountains and know without doubt that a part of our hearts will always be in Denver.


No comments:

Post a Comment