Thursday, June 11, 2015

Bee, You are 2!

Dear Evie,

Happy Birthday Bee!  Oh I just can't believe that you are 2 already.  It happened so fast, goodness!  It really does seem like just a few weeks ago we were celebrating you turning 1 and now its a year later and you are a busy 2 year old.  And the cutest little Bee that ever there was too!  


You are such a delight little girl.  You are so strong and want so desperately to do everything all by yourself.  All day I hear "I do it" and "Evie do!"  You are brave and strong and so sure of yourself.  You want to try everything and be as big as your big sister.  You are so smart and confident.  It even gets you into trouble many times during the weeks.  You are determined, there are no two ways around it.  





You know kiddo, my favorite part about you right now is your tender heart.  Yes you are mighty and will stand up for yourself and can hit and fling punches with the best of them, but when someone is in pain, you are unbelievably tender.  You recognize hurt and you seek to soothe it.  That is a powerful trait my dear and one I pray will follow you into adulthood.


You love shoes and all things girly.  While Lily loves to wear my dresses for dress up, you love to wear hers.  You girls look so precious and when Lily puts on my white dress and you follow her around in your purple one, I have this brief glimpse into the future.  

You are happy and willing to do just about anything most of the time.  Again, you are brave.  You love to fly with Daddy, I mean,  really love it and you love to swim in the pool.  You don't want floats or inner tubes.....you want to swim!




Since moving out to Arizona, I hear almost everyday about this little girl right here.  Miss Katie is one of your favorites and more importantly, "Katie's pool," is what makes you super happy.  You are such a good friend Evie and love to be with people.  The best part is that people really love you too!



You started swimming lessons this month and when you aren't cold, you just love being in the water.  You are a bit of a booger because you do not want to do anything the instructor tells you to do and instead want to "go simming!" in your own way.  The instructor has us practice your floating by singing the "pancake song" and you scream your way through most of it.  I keep telling you that one day your going to love to float, and you don't believe me.



You love to go and do.  The Childrens Museum is such a delight for you.  You love to be barefoot and are slowly learning that it is just too hot to do it out here.  You love to copy your sister and desperately want to do all that she does.  You don't let much stop you Evie and I love that about you.


Baby Girl, happy birthday.  I am sitting here in Colorado waiting to do my IRONMAN 70.3 and thinking of you.  Thanks for being my support crew.  Mommy feels strong knowing I have you and your sissy at home rooting for me.  You are such a blessing Evie and even though I will miss parts of your babyhood, I LOVE how you are growing up and look forward to the years ahead of us.  You are going places little Bee.  


My prayer for you this year is that you will continue to grow in grace, strength and beauty and that you will let Jesus be the light in your life.  May your heart of compassion grow only greater and may you always see the pain in the world and seek to soothe it.  I pray that you will continue to be happy and know joy.  I pray that you will continue to be strong and learn how to obey even when you don't want to.  I pray that you will be safe and be bold.  I pray that you will try new things and not be afraid.  You are so beautiful Bee and so perfectly Evie.

All My Love
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment