Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Story of My Life

I have been invited to an annual Galentines Day party every year since we moved back to Colorado.  One of my dear friends from high school throws this annually and I was ecstatic that this year I was available to go.  I know it is sad to say, but I always have to gear up for evening events.  At 7pm I am so ready to curl up on the couch and hunker in for the evening and the thought of leaving for a party is sometimes exhausting.  Not this year, and I am so glad I did!


The art project was to take a hard backed book and make it a personal form of expression.  I know, thats vague, but the project really was to take a book, glue, markers, clippings, ribbon and tell a story.  A story of your life.  At first I didn't know where to start so I did the obvious thing and pasted the word LIFE on the front of my Charles Spurgeon Devotional book.  I felt strange defacing a book, but once I opened up to the idea I just kept going and this awesome story emerged.

Its funny that when you look back over your life there are certain poignant things that stick in your mind.  Life is so full and big and little things happen daily, but in the grand scheme of things it amazing what really sticks.

The time I met Jesus


When my heart found Bob.  My girls saw me taking pictures of this little project and just couldn't keep their hands off of it.  I love this picture......thats Evie.


Living in Colorado


then Arizona


then North Carolina


The day we had Lily Grace.  I became Mom for the first time.  She is my first


I found MOPS in all the places we lived and thank goodness for it.  A Community of Moms has been at many times my saving grace on this Motherhood journey.


We were blessed with Evie, sweet and precious Evie.  Her birth gave me a new sense of self.  I love that you can see the IRONMAN logo here.  It's symbolic.  She helped me see the possibility.  Now I can and I will.


And IRONMAN.  That big huge dream of mine that seems to be a pivotal drive in my current life chapter.  The journey will cover many pages, but will be one worth doing.


Then there is everything yet to be discovered and experienced.  The part I just can't jump to but really want to. I hope for peace, I hope for joy, but I must wait.  The future is a package worth taking the ribbon off slowly.



I could have spent copious hours on this project, but I really love what I uncovered in the 2 hours out with the gals.

Sometimes it is so good to just reminisce about your life.  It's healing and reminds you that no matter how your life has gone, you always have a story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment