Friday, February 27, 2015

Bravely Go

We're moving.  No, its not really new news.  In all honesty, most of you that read my blog consistently probably are sitting there going, "Ya, we know Bethany."  Well, okay, this blog maybe is about me just saying it out loud and facing the reality that we are once again moving.

It's really funny how life works.  When we moved back to Colorado I was dead set that we were never moving again.  I was certain that Colorado was the end game.  How cute of me.  I was really convinced that once we got back to the  Rocky Mountains we would never want to leave them.  Again, its funny how life works.

When Bob had a job change last Summer, I was hit with the notion that we might someday have to move back to AZ.  I was initially so resistant but now?  I am seriously so excited about it.  We loved our years in Arizona and made some of our best friendships there.

Since making the decision to transplant our family I have been praying that the Lord would allow me to graciously say goodbye to Colorado and instead of holding onto it with a "I want to come back" grip, let it go completely and embrace a new future for our family.  God has been good on that front and while I will miss Colorado and the dear friends I have made, I am ready to close the chapter on it.  It's a big step for me.


So as of April 1 of this year, we will be Arizonans again.  We have bought a cute little home in Northeast Mesa and are anxious about the chance to once again make a house our home.  It will be wonderful to not rent anymore.  This move is so big not only for my little family but also because my parents are selling the home I grew up in and moving to Arizona too.  Yes, it is so exciting, but also just another reality check that Colorado and the memories I made will not be those made by my daughters.  It's going to be a hard change......for all of us.

Inevitably, this month of March will be the month of goodbyes and frankly, I don't really want to say them.  I would rather just say "See you later" and leave it at that.  You would think by now I would have the goodbye thing down, but it is still hard.  I have so many dear friends here.

This week as I begin the packing process, I am reminding myself to be brave.  "Be You Bravely" has been the MOPS theme this year and I am amazed at how applicable it has been for me.  I am not afraid to go, I love Arizona, but I am a little afraid to let go.......so much of my and our history was made here in the shadow of the Rockies.

But alas, it is time to say goodbye.

Our story is a good one, full of challenge and change.  I am so grateful that we love a Jesus who stays the same through it all.

Goodbye Colorado......thanks for the memories.

Hello Arizona......its GOOD to be back!

1 comment:

  1. Hey..how about Grandma K in the fall...+did u forget that I am here....

    ReplyDelete