Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Be Careful Guys.....

Siblings are truly a magnificent thing.  One minute they are best of friends and the next, the worst of enemies.  It really is a "special" thing.  Although I had sibling "like" experiences with my cousins, NOTHING, could have prepared me for the depth of emotions having a sister evokes. Lately, there are times with my girls where I feel entirely out of my element.  I find myself having to lean on the wisdom of my husband.  "Is that REALLY normal behavior Bob?  Really? Or are we destined to have not 1 but 2 James Bond villains in our house?"


A while ago I wrote a post titled "Diddy Happened."  9 times out of 10 Lily is the instigator and because she is bigger, the punisher.  Poor Evie doesn't stand a chance, until lately.  Evie has discovered biting in all its glory.  In fact, Evie nearly bit a chunk of skin off of Lily's back the other day when Lily pushed her to get on top of me.  Its happened many times.  I find myself wanting to jump in victory that Evie can now defend her self, and find myself having to wrestle with discipline for all infractions.  


Bob and I laughed out loud the other day at the park.  Evie was doing her independent thing and Lily had befriended 2 sisters playing in the park.  They were walking around, telling secrets and becoming bossom buddies.  They had all sat down to have a "proper chat" in the little park hut when Evie meandered over to the group.  Lily has always been good at including and standing up for her sister in public situations, so when she jumped off of her seat, grabbed Evie's hand and said, "This is my sister, be careful guys!"  I really thought I was going to see one of those rare moments of protection for which I find myself brimming with joy.  Instead, she heroically put herself between Evie and her friends and followed her warning with, "She Bites!"  They all ran off after that announcement and Evie was once again on her own.  She never minds.  Playing in a carefree world with no torment is kind of nice.  

I laughed and then thought, good! Maybe even just the threat of biting will offer a bit of protection.  Evie won't be trifled with.......she bites!

No comments:

Post a Comment