Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Journey to IRONMAN: Dopey.....It's Coming

Yeah, I'm not going to lie, I may have been a bit too ambitious in my racing schedule this year.  I just finished training my little behind off for Las Vegas and I am now looking at being less than 3 weeks from the Dopey Challenge in Disney World.  Back to back 5k, 10k, 1/2 Marathon and Marathon in the happiest place on earth (they might be smoking something).

I kind of had to laugh at myself because the Dopey Challenge was supposed to be the post baby #2 race.  In other words, technically, the last year should have been devoted to this big venture, not 2 marathons, several halfs, 2 triathlons AND the Dopey.   What can I say....I'm a glutton for punishment (oh who am I kidding, I LOVE it!)


Honestly though, I am so glad for the Vegas Marathon. I really got to do all of my hard training during the months where the weather was glorious for it.  Man, if I still had a few 20's to knock out now I would want to cry.  Between the snow and the COLD, running long distance is a little rough.  Especially considering that I still have my 18 month old with me for many of my weekday miles.  

This week the high is about 42....in the heat of the day.  BRRRRRRRR.  I am however, going to conquer the final week of heavy training.  I started today with an easy 3 miles, tomorrow will be 5, Friday will be a smooth 10 and then we go Mickey ears crazy with 22 on Saturday.  The final hoorah to confirm what I already know......"Sure I can run 48.6 miles in 4 days."

This challenge.....its coming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment