Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A Beautiful Mess

Well I am not so sure its beautiful, but I feel a little bit like right now my life is a mess.  I cannot seem to find myself coming or going.  To be honest, I may be in that "too committed" place right now.  Add to that the miles, and miles AND MILES that I am running in preparation for the Vegas Marathon next month and lets just say, I still have a cookie on my floor from last week, the laundry is only partially done, and clutter has just become a staple on my floors.  Man, its chaotic in my life.

This being my 5th marathon, you think I would be used to it, but the time commitment for training and the reality that when you are not running all you want to do is eat...A LOT, or sleep is always surprising.  These types of endurance events just demand so much effort.  Whew.


Don't get me wrong, I LOVE IT, but the past 2 weeks have shown me how crazy I might just be.  Goodness!



I have 3 blogs right now that I have started and then either had to leave to run, or found myself knee deep in sister drama, or dinner making.  Evie is so busy right now and declaring her independence with ferocity.  Her, "I feel no fear" attitude coupled with the fact that she loves all people makes her a force to be reckoned with.  I cannot take my eyes off of her for a second, not one.  She seriously would walk right up to a stranger say "Uppies" and go blissfully unaware with anyone who would oblige.  It is a FULL time job keeping her out of toilets, fountains and poop.  Yes, you read that right.  The other day at the zoo, I took my eyes off of her for a second and she came up to me with poop on her hands...and face.  Dude kiddo that is so gross.  It is seriously non stop, always, no stopping, ever, always with this kid.


Lily is so full of energy and awesomeness right now too.  She is so smart and her imagination is taking flight.  It truly is so much fun to watch, but again, so constant.  She is really becoming such a fun conversationist and loves to talk about everything and nothing.  I love it and look forward to the many chats we will have in the future.


Between school, running, cycling, swim lessons, swimming laps, MOPS, Playdates, regular husband dates, eating, grocery store going, life living, and that little thing called sleeping, I am living in a messy life right now.


But man is it beautiful, filled with joy, excitement, determination, courage, fun, laughter and the occasional tickle fight.  Sure its chaotic, but its filled with all the right things.  Who cares if there is a cookie on my floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment