Saturday, October 11, 2014

16 Smiley Months

16 months!  My little Bee is 16 months today and is still my little peanut.  This little girl is seriously the cutest Evie Frances that ever walked the planet.  Her smiles are contagious and she is smiley all of the time.  As the Fall has come to Colorado, I have had to dig out the warmer clothes.  Bee is so tiny and she still fits well in 12 month size, so Lily's old 18 month size is swimming on her.  These overalls, though, are just too cute not to put on her every single day.


Add the little piggy tails in the back and you have a recipe for cutest Bee ever.  Goodness is this little lady so adorable.  I just want to keep her this cute for a long time.


Evie can be summed up in one word lately....independent.  She wants to walk everywhere and, NO, she does not want to hold your hand.  She has no fear and thinks it is the most fun game when you chase after her as she attempts to head into the street.  That innocence has no idea where she is headed.  Her spirit is going to rival her sister's in strength and determination.  

She still LOVES to eat.  Holy Moses.  Her favorite thing in the world right now are "ah-dots."  Yes, we have nearly purchased stock in hot dogs for our family.  We have even added them into the monthly line up for family dinners.  Yogurt, grapes and bananas are big favorites right now too and she always must have access to her "Wawa" and a healthy supply of cheerios.


This little lady is smack dab in the middle of the screaming phase.  We are talking blood curdling, shrill, "get your kid under control" screaming.  We spank her, we tell her "no, no," we ignore her.  Nothing works to stop it.  I have come to realize that she loves when we react to it.  Even if that reaction is negative.  LOVES IT.  Sometimes amidst the boiling anger over being screamed at all day I will literally break down in giggles at the effort she makes to scream her little self silly.  Be it frustration, anger at her sister, or just plain "this is fun to do," she is priceless to watch.  What a booger.


We love bath time....as you can tell.  I took all of these pictures and then noticed how clear that little bruise on her forehead appeared.  That my friends is what happens when you are an unstable walker, refuse to have help and get yourself going down a ramp.  Her head got way ahead of her little feet fast and face to the ground she went.    Pretty cute if you ask me.

Evie is so active these days and in seemingly constant motion.  Its exhausting.  She loves babies and horseys and is head over heels in love with her father.  Her Memaw is one of her favorites too.  Just this month we are finally successfully getting "Me-Maw" out instead of just having another "Maw-me" in the world.  She had a hard time with that one, but we have it now!  Once it happened it stuck and somedays she walks around the house repeating her new favorite word.  Goodness how these girls love their Memaw.

I don't want to be too quick to call it, but I think this Bee is going to be far easier to potty train and I may actually start now (oh who am I kidding...that won't happen).  She tells me when she needs her "Ba-bum" changed (her word for diaper), and just today she has started to tell me when she pees.  She runs up to me, touches her diaper and goes, "Ba-BUM!!"  Oh how I love this child.


 Little Evie Bee, how fast you are growing.  You are becoming such a cute and special little girl.  You are strong and determined and far too ambitious for your own good, but I wouldn't change a thing.  I love the way you love me.  Your hugs and snuggles, pouty kisses and leg hugs make me smile.  You delight me little girl and I love you more and more each day.  You are my favorite Evie Frances.


Love you so so SO much,
Mom

1 comment: