Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Smile

Boy, last week was a doozy.  It all started a week and a half ago when Evie came down with hand foot and mouth disease.  Poor Baby!  Just the sound of it sounds yucky.  Thankfully it was a relatively mild case of it, but the poor dear ran a fever and then broke out in blisters on her face, hands and legs.  I felt so bad for her.  Boy, that virus is NASTY.

She handled all of it with grace and I was so proud of her. Lily seemed to dodge the sickness, but has had a bad case of attitude lately.  Holy Bananas!  The week really got bad when poor Bob woke up Monday morning after having a nasty night of fevers.  He felt horrible.  The days progressed to really bad when the poor guy could hardly eat his throat was so sore.  While we never had an "official" diagnosis, I have no doubt that he got Evie's virus.  The poor guy was so sick.

When Evie started showing signs, I started packing in the echinacea, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, refusing kisses and squirting hand sanitizer after every encounter.  I also spent SEVERAL days in the pool hoping that a full body chlorine wash would help defend me against the germs.  I was on high alert.  Poor Bob was basically quarantined with no kissing and very little closeness from his wife.  I felt bad, but I did not want to get sick.  He felt wretched!

I managed to survive the week, but my body was fighting.  Exhaustion and feeling "under the weather" was a constant companion.  It was quite a week.


On Thursday I dropped Lily at school and took little Evie to the park.  She had so much fun.  Her smiles were just infectious (in a good way) and I found myself breathing a sigh of relief.  There are times in this life, weeks of sickness and days of hardship that sometimes threaten to steal my joy. Sometimes life is just hard........then my kids smile.  Its amazing what those faces can do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment