Thursday, September 11, 2014

15 Months

My wee little baby girl is 15 months today.  The little peanut is not feeling on top of her game today and has been super snuggly all day.  She is so precious.  I don't want her to grow up today.  Couldn't she just stay this little for at least a year? I know, wishful thinking.  Every day I am hit with the reality that she is moving farther and farther away from me and into her own place in this world.  She is beginning to find her way.



Evie LOVES her Daddy right now.  She simply lights up when she sees him and begs for "Uppies" and cuddles.  She gives awesome kisses and tells you assertively when her kisses are not being handed out.  She snuggles and is just beginning to enjoy stories.  She is also loving riding the horses up at Memaws house much to Memaw's delight.  Memaw is also one of those favorite of peoples.  She just loves her "Momum."  We still have yet to get Memaw out.




Evie is a daredevil and has very little self preservation reflexes in her little body.  The park is the most wonderful thing and she has gone down head first down several of the slides only to scare me half silly, jump up off of the ground and smile at her bravery.  Goodness.....I can't keep my eyes off of her!  She also loves the stairs and loves to try to sneak up them when I am occupied elsewhere.  What a goober.





Much like her sister Lily, the Bee is also loving the water these days and if we are not in the pool outside we try to spend some time at the rec center.  Swimming lessons are surely in her future.




This little lady has taken off walking and is desperately trying to make her legs go fast enough to keep up with her sister.  She is so determined to be Lily's shadow, but speed is not her friend.....yet.  She is such a strong little girl and very tough.  There is not a lot that gets to her and she will try anything once, even if it results in a face plant of some kind.




Since Lily is in school 4 mornings a week, Evie and I have a lot of time together which I LOVE.  This little girl is just so special to me and such a doll baby.  Yes, she screams and often.  She asserts her will and throws tantrums.  She should be, she's a kid, but man I love my time with her.  She is so engaged with the world around her and understands so much even though she has few words.  It is so much fun to be able to ask her a question and have her respond to it with her whole body.  The other day she woke up fussy from nap time.  I brought her downstairs, sat on the couch and then asked if she wanted to go and say hi to Daddy.  Oh her whole body started smiling and she crawled down and beelined straight for Daddy's office.  She knows.




My once teeny tiny baby is growing up and is such a big little girl these days.  She is so much hope, so much joy and so much promise.  Of course there is a little mischief thrown in there too.......



But I wouldn't want it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment