Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Happy 9 Months

Well, its that time of the month AGAIN.  Evie is a big 9 month old today.  For some reason this milestone feels so big, 3 more months and this little creature will be 1. Goodness is she growing.  This past month has been a BIG month for little Evie Frances.  I feel that she has changed so much and has gone from little baby to little girl.  Developmentally she has advanced by leaps and bounds.  Within 1 week she was sitting up and spending more and more time on her knees rocking away preparing for becoming a non stop ball of motion.  I LOVE IT!  







This little lady steals everyones heart and at least once every day I hear, "she is the cutest little lady."  She is, what can I say.  Her beauty just radiates from her, what a fearfully and wonderfully made image of Christ.  I pray daily that her little heart would grow to be even more beautiful than her features.

Evie is seriously one of the happiest babies I have ever seen.  I know, I know, I am biased, but I can't help it.  She is so laid back, will go to anyone and is content to talk, scream, coo and do her "da das" with whoever is near.  She hates to be left by herself and is most happy when she is surrounded by activity whether that be her sister, some friends, Memaw and Papa or Mom and Dad.  What a social little butterfly.







So many people ask me how I get her fluffy hair to stand up so awesomely on her little head all of the time.  The answer is, I don't, it just is that spiky and that fluffy.  I must say, it makes me so happy and lets face it, she is so cute!




The little Bee has discovered water in a big way this past month and, much like her sister, will most likely be a fish!  She loves the wet stuff and shows no fear.  Bath time has become a little crazy especially when I am single parenting it and managing a very excited and splashy toddler with a new sitter who has no fear.  I'll tell you, its a workout!  Evie plays and laughs and simply overflows with glee watching the antics of her big Sissy.  






This month we discovered a new recreation center nearby and it has a zero entry pool with little water fountains in the shallow end.  Evie LOVES playing in the pool and sits in the wavy water like it is nothing.  I will say, once these little ones learn a new skill, they run with it.  Her little arms were blue from the cold after an hour in the pool, yet she played without complaint.  In fact, she screamed more when I took her out of the water to get her warm than when she was in.  Swimming lessons will be fast on the list for her.


This past month brought 3 weeks of sickness for all of us girls.  From vomitting to ear infections we were all under the weather.  It was yucky.  Evie felt so yucky that when I finally took her in she had lost a pound from her last check up.  She is such a little peanut I was a little worried.  HA, since she recovered, she has been a literal NON STOP eater.  I simply cannot keep her full.  I put her on the scale just this past week and she had added 3 pounds.  Whoa.  I shouldn't have worried because she is a fantastic eater.  Her favorites right now are squash, black beans, peas, green beans, apricots, prunes, yogurt, chicken nuggets, spinach, kale, avocado and cauliflower.  She takes eating seriously.  Evie is not convinced that a sippy cup is worth the effort so we are still nursing on demand.  Feeding this kiddo is a full time job, its no wonder I am starving all of the time too!



With the weather trying to improve, we are spending more and more time outdoors.  We got me a bicycle this month and a chariot for the girls so we are now going to be adding cycling to our exercise routine.  I am hoping that through the Spring I can take Lily to school in the chariot and start getting used to 2 wheeled travel.  How cute are the girls in their helmets? Unfortunately the weather out here has been super bipolar with 70 degrees one day and 25 degrees with snow the next.  Thankfully Evie is content to just do whatever.  She just loves to be outside.  Bob and I cannot wait to take her and Lily camping!  Won't be long.




Little Bee,
Happy 9 months little lady.  Its hard to grasp that you are buzzing your way right to the 1 year mark.  I simply love this stage with you.  You are so happy and such a sweet little lady.  You are starting to talk and are not afraid to voice your opinion.  You are sweet and loving too.  I see a great compassion inside of you and it blesses me that you are so willing to love other people so well.


You delight me Evie Frances.  I look forward to spending time with you every day.  I LOVE to come and get you in the morning and after nap time.  You are changing so fast and I am amazed to think that next month I will probably be writing about you crawling all over the house.   I am so very grateful that God gave us YOU!

Love Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment