Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Little Bee is 3 Months

As 9/11 approached I realized that this year I was going to remember the day for a wonderful reason.  Evie is 3 months!  A Quarter of her first year is already done and I am simply amazed with her little life.





She is now at that precious stage where she is just starting to show her little personality.  Between her smiles and her attempts at giggling, I am starting to see a little Evie Frances emerging.










Evie is becoming a FANTASTIC sleeper.  It just isn't an issue with her and it makes this crazy life a little more manageable.  We have a great system where we put Lily to bed and then Bob, Evie and I hang downstairs.  Evie nurses and goes to sleep around 8.  The best part is that once she is down.......she is down.  While she usually wakes up 2 times during the night, she always nurses and then goes right back to sleep.  It's amazing.  And then there are those nights like a few nights ago where she slept for 11.5 hours.  I made her sleep nurse at about 4:30 purely because I couldn't sleep.  Amazing!






Evie occasionally has really hard days where she and I just don't see eye to eye.  On those days, she spends most of her awake time screaming.  There is no nursing, swaddling or cuddling that will help.  It is hard, frustrating and completely demoralizing.  She is strong just like her sister and there have been times where all I can do is put her down and let her scream.  Live to fight another day.

Lily has really stepped into her big sister roll and Evie is happy to let her help with bath time and give her snuggles.  I love watching Evie around Lily because she is just mesmerized with everything the busy toddler is doing.  Evie loves her big sister, no doubt!




She LOVES being outside.  There is something about the breeze, brightness and colors that gets her all excited.  She is content in the jogger or in her little seat under the shade of the umbrella and many times when she is fussy, we just take a little backyard stroll.



One of the best things right now is that Evie sings with me.  I will sing her "Twinkle, Twinkle" or "Jesus Loves Me" and if she is in the right mood she will coo, caa, fluctuate her little voice and squeal as I sing to her.  It is the BEST.  Considering the fact that Lily tells me to "Stop singing, Mommy," whenever I sing to her, I love having a little one who sings with me.


My Little Evie Bee,  how I love you.  You make me happy, you make me smile and you give me joy.  I thank the Lord every day that He has allowed me to be your Mommy.  There is simply no greater joy than loving you and your sister.  I pray that as you grow you will know how special you are, and how amazing your life is.  Happy 3 months little one.  Can't wait to watch you grow!

Love Mom

1 comment: