Wednesday, April 17, 2013

In the Mist

I just love the snow.  After being gone for 8 years to places that rarely if ever see snow, it is wonderful to experience the white stuff again.  This past month has been wonderful because we have had snow every week.  It's beautiful!  The past couple of days have been snowy, foggy and chilly.


Lily and I spent the time up in the mountains since Bob has been out of town.  There is something about the fog that I found myself just loving.

Its cover.

When you are in the fog you simply feel like the world doesn't extend beyond what you can see.  It's simple and for a brief time you feel totally safe, cocooned in mist.  I found myself grateful that fog came rolling in after the events of the Boston Marathon Bombing this past Monday.  So tragic and even though I wasn't there, I am a runner.  It felt personal and I will admit, fear threatened to overwhelm me.  

But then the fog rolled in and under a halo of mist I found some refuge.  Then I took Lily outside and found myself smiling and enjoying the snow.



 God is good.  I will tell you, Lily is simply impervious to the cold.  I had nearly 4 layers of clothing on me and she was happy with her snowpants and fleece jacket.  Gloves you say? No way!  A Hat? Well that's just silly!  In fact, once she made it into the swing her boots and socks came off too!


Snow, freezing temps, no problem for this barefoot lady.

Once we finished with the swing we headed out to the horses and even amidst the falling snow and cold temps Lily was convinced we needed to go riding.   So after grooming, spraying the horsey tail and comb, comb, combing she sat up on Bon Bon like an ole pro and we took a ride in the snow.  What a confident little horse lady.  Too confident if you ask me.





I am grateful for the snow and even more grateful for the mist.  In a big and often times scary world, its wonderful to know that the Lord still covers us.  We have no need to fear, we are His.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Lily is so cute!! It's just not fair that kids can stay warm no matter how cold it is lol!

    ReplyDelete