Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Christmas with the FLU

Get a puppy, it will be swell!  I mean, how cute is she?


Christmas in the mountains started off with a muddy puppy.  I didn't mind because the picture was absolutely worth it. We all were so glad to get to the Christmas break especially considering 50% of us were sick.  Evie brought it home and Bob came down with FLU b.  I fought it until the day we headed up to the mountains and ended up sick for the entire time.  It was rough, but at least I had nothing but down time.






This year we all celebrated Christmas Eve by attending a sweet service at the Vernon Community Church.  It was delightful and Evie got to even be in the live Nativity.  Memaw made her chocolate mice and we stayed for a church wide potluck following.



Isn't she so cute.  This sweet moment made me tear up a bit.  I was just so proud of her.





It decided to give us a dusting of snow, and ever the optimistic Evie was out ready to sled.  While I stayed home and nursed myself back to life, the kids, Memaw, and Bob found a sledding hill and had a blast.  It was especially awesome because Memaw got us a new innertube sled for Christmas!







Christmas was full of coffee, movies, pies, presents, sinus medicine, and time together.  I adore our holidays in the mountains and can't wait to head back to ski!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment