Saturday, April 1, 2023

Puss and Boots in Boots!

Lily Longmire has become quite the thespian and literally fell in love with the whole idea of theatre last year.  When one of the directors from last year asked me, I totally said yes to CO DIRECTING this year's performance.  I knew it was going to be quite the lift considering it happened during YTT, but we did it and the final production was absolutely perfect!







Lily played the incomparable Rosenheimer fairy and owned the part.  She loved this role and had a solo and many lines.  The kid can act. No doubt!







I had the opportunity to call upon my old musical knowledge and take on the role of Music Director.   There were about 5 songs in the production and we put together all the music, all the choreography, and all the parts.  Keep Your Wits About You was the personal favorite and I cannot tell you how happy it made me to see it come together!









After a year of prep, 4 months of planning, 3 months of rehearsal, and 3 wild performances, the concensus from the crowd was BRAVO!  Lily and I had a wonderful time taking on this monumental undertaking and the reward was an awesome show that we will not soon forget!









Grateful for all of these amazing people and the spectacular Luana who was my co director. Looking forward to the next theatre production!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment