Monday, April 18, 2022

DIg It, Jack!


So Lily decided to audition for the spring musical this year.  It was a collaboration between 2 local schools and she got not one but 2 different roles.  I had no intention of getting involved because life is chaotic, but within a couple weeks of rehearsals Lily all but begged me to help so I dove in full force!


The musical is a production about ancient civilizations and it was a blast to put it together.  Even though it was entirely chaotic


In three weeks I went from not knowing one song to basically co directing. Not gonna lie, it was a bit stressful!  But we did it and successfully completed our 4 performances.




 




Lily crushed it as Cleopatra and Cleo's crew while also playing Romulus in the Rome scene.  Lily participated in every rehearsal and even the extra ones, took a leadership role, and really had a blast.  I was so proud of her.











Lily got the Glue Award because she was quite literally the glue that held many of the scenes together.  She was so committed and man can the girl project!  She had a bold competency up on that stage and I couldn't help but feel super responsible for it!





Memaw and Papa, Grandma and Grandpa Hill, the Hills, the Cheney's, and the Moody's all came to see her.  


I hope this will be the first of many theatre productions in our future.  Lily is already going through withdrawls from not rehearsing.

Meanwhile I am in full blown recovery mode.  (being around 40 kids for 3 weeks straight put me flat on my back!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment