Friday, July 24, 2020

Family Reunion 2020

A couple of years ago we started a tradition of having an annual family reunion up on Mom and Dad's Vernon property.  Each year has brought in different family members, but the time is always so special and this year was no different.


My brother and his family came all the way from Texas to spend some time with us and I am just always reminded about how much I adore all 4 of them.  They are amazing people and just top-notch humans.  We had such a blast reconnecting, playing BS (Lily is shockingly good at it) and sharing stories.


I always love the mountains because it makes for the perfect napping time.  Even Ellie the pup joined in on the snuggles.

On the 4th of July we took the girls down to Show Low Lake and had an absolute blast.  The water was definitely on the chilly side, but there were a few other kids playing and jumping in the water.  The girls were having a great time.





We even went on a crawdad hunt and caught a couple of them!

Lily, Memaw, and I also went for a 2.5 hour horseback ride.  I rode bareback and felt every muscle in my legs after that one! It was so great though to spend some time with Lily doing something she and Memaw love so much.


Our time with Mike and Kathy was way too short and we Longmires are excited to make a trip happen later this fall out to them.  Family is so important these days.


This 3 generation shot makes my heart so happy.



I am ever so grateful that we have a family to reunion and look forward every year to seeing all of the branches that show up.  Here's to looking forward to 2021!




No comments:

Post a Comment