Sunday, May 8, 2016

I Am Mom

It's Mother's Day today and I am celebrating the day by myself.  No No, don't feel sad for me.  This is exactly how I wanted to spend my day.  Its been a lovely day complete with a run, uninterrupted coffee time, binge watching Netflix, working on pictures, catching up on emails and doing all of the things I simply don't have extra time to do anymore.  Why?  because I'm a Mom.


I am incredibly thankful to be a Mom.  These girls are life to me and a whole bunch of possible wrapped up in pig tails, blue eyes and dresses.  Both of them are bold, daring, strong, driven and so so so much work.  Its okay.....they are going to go BIG places so I am up to the task.

Two days ago I had a moment I'm not proud of.  I yelled.  Remember that whole anger thing I talked about a while ago?  Well.....its a work in progress.  I just got angry.  I dropped Lily off and had this sinking feeling that she is only ever going to remember the times I was angry.  I asked for forgiveness and went on with my day.  Later that afternoon I picked her up and she handed me this card.........


I'm fun, and smart and sweet and happy and pretty.  To her that is who I am.  Amazing how she sees me.  I felt humbled and completely overwhelmed at how grace works.  Unmerited favor.  Children are so beautiful and fully reflect the incredible grace of the Lord.  My girls love me.......anger, yelling and all.  To them I am still all these things.  



There is no true way to fully express all of the feelings, emotions and self realization that has come from being a Mom.  These girls drive me batty.........but they also have empowered me, strengthened me and taught me how to be brave, courageous, vulnerable and driven.  They never stop.....so I don't either.  They rarely rest.......so I don't either.  If they can go all day with the fire they have......I can too.  They have made me IRON.  I'm just going to go get the medal.



I am not sure how I ended up with 2 strong willed little girls, but I did.  Evie is every bit as passionate, stubborn and driven as the rest of us Longmire women.  She is such a love and gives the best snuggles.  She knows how to fight and is not easily trifled with.  Oh she wants to be big.  She may be only 2, but look out world.......she is coming.



This flower is so smart.  So so SO smart.  She is excelling in her school and her teachers love and adore her.  She has friends everywhere she goes.  She is strong and bold and asks questions.  She challenges the boundaries and pushes for goals.  She is rarely derailed.  HMMMM wonder where she got that?  Did I tell you that she is running in her first triathlon this summer?  Look out world.

Today I am grateful for the chapter in my life that is titled "Mom."  It has been the most unexpected, empowering, life changing part of me.  It has lead to a lot of self discovery and a lot of things I "never would have done" had you asked me what the future held 20 years ago.  


No comments:

Post a Comment