Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Gymnast and the Doc

2016 has roared in like a lion here at the Longmire home and we are embracing the new year with hustle, bustle and hope.  Lily asked if she could do gymnastics for a while and after finding the perfect fit for her at Diamondback Gymnastics she started a couple of weeks ago.  She was so excited to open her Christmas present and find a gym leotard.  Purple was her request....ONLY purple Mom.  I think I did okay.  

I took these pictures on the first day of gymnastics and she was so very excited to go.  I kept telling her that she should put some clothes over her leo so that she wasn't cold and she just couldn't do it.  Her leo was so pretty and she just couldn't wait!!!!!


Lily is simply growing up so very fast.  There is no toddler left in her right now.....she is a bonafide little girl.  She is smart and strong and bold and confident with a little defiant, precocious and sassy thrown in.  She is Lily Grace.....the one and only.


And Evie, oh Evie.  My very strong willed, tough as nails, stronger than a 10 year old Bee.  She just completes our family so perfectly.  Evie LOVES her sister and wanted to take pictures "Just like Lily!"  Right now Evie is really into Doc McStuffins.  Doc is a little girl who plays doctor to her stuffed animals and dolls.  The Doctor coat and matching doctor kit is nearly glued to her body at all times these days and she walks around the house asking everyone, "Do you need a check up?"  We sit as she checks our heart and lungs, "Take a DEEP breath Mommy!"  Our blood pressure, "Pump, pump, pump!"  Our reflexes (this one can get a little out of hand) and our ears and throat.  We never make it out of the Docs office without our shot too.   She is thorough!


Evie also has a temper.  WOWZA.  This girl can throw down and throw out punches with the best.  She bit a kid at church last week.  No I wasn't proud....but I did laugh.  This little blonde haired beauty is feisty with an attitude to match.  See this picture below,  this is "The Evie."  We see this little stance at least 3 times a day.  It is usually followed with a turn of the head, an adamant huffy "HUH!" and a stomp.  It's cute.......ish.  Oh how I pray the Lord uses that strength to wage the right kind of battles in her future.


We are busy these days doing everything we should be doing right now.  I am constantly reminded during the days of seeming chaos that one day I will awake to an empty clean house with no routines or legos.....or cheerios to contend with.  It may seem far off, but look at these girls.  I don't have babies anymore.  



Lily and Evie,  I am so proud of the little girls you are becoming.  I love you so much and wish I could communicate to you my dreams for you.  I pray you go far.  I pray you fall madly in love with Jesus.  The two of you are such sweet sisters and I pray that you will always be best of friends and love each other big.  Go boldly and with confidence, chasing your dreams and finding your way.

Love
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Nice Article. Thank you very much for sharing this awesome post with us. Keep Posting. longmire coat

    ReplyDelete