Sunday, August 17, 2014

Soulmate

"Your Soulmate is not someone that comes into your life peacefully.
It is who comes to make you question things, who changes your reality,
Somebody that marks a before and after in your life.
It is not the human being everyone has idealized,
But an ordinary person, who manages to revolutionize
Your world in a second....."

Bob and I have had a glorious Summer celebrating our 10 years of marriage.  We are still so young, and yet, as we have reflected over the past decade we both say the same thing, "Man have we lived a lot of life."

Our celebration culminated in a 2 night/ 3 day stay at our honeymoon cabin just last week and I personally could not have imagined a better place to celebrate.  That little 600 square foot place is still standing and frankly in just about the same condition we left it in 10 years ago.  



Its tiny and rustic and the King size bed sits in the loft, just barely between the eaves of the roof.  Bob still can't stand up straight, a fact we reminisced and giggled again about.  They even had the Guest Book from 2004 sitting on the dusty shelf.  I found my short newlywed entry still on the pages.


Oh the memories of that time 10 years ago came flooding back.  That time before we moved all over the country or  had Lily and Evie. That time before we knew how to be married.  A lot of life has happened.

I'm so grateful that I had no idea the power this being, my husband would have in my life, both spiritual and physical.  Together we are more.  He has definitively marked my life and there is a clear before and after.  He did revolutionize my world in a second and for that I am grateful.

He is my soulmate.

No comments:

Post a Comment