Thursday, January 9, 2020

May the Force Be With You


I did not grow up being immeresed in the STAR WARS universe, but I do remember being introduced to Luke and Leia by my best friends.  Bob, however, grew up loving the original trilogy and upon attaching myself to him, I was fully introduced to all of the Star Wars world.  When we had our girls I wasn't sure if Bob was going to have avid fans, but man I should not have worrried.  Our girls LOVE Star Wars.

Its been a really fun few years seeing the new heroine of the franchise have her day.  Rey will most definitely be one of those role models for my girls.  The deep reality of good vs evil has been such a great parenting tool as well, and I cannot tell you how many times when the girls are fighting that we tell them, "be a Jedi.....not a Sith!"


The Star Wars series as we know it is coming to a close and the most recent movie was the final installment of 40 years of darkness vs the light.  We debated taking our girls to see it without our prior viewing, but after a tip from a friend, we snatched the girls up from school and took them to see it on opening weekend.  It was more special to Bob than I think I knew.




Time has a funny way of marching on and starting the series as kids but finishing the as parents feels special.  It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment