Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Lily Goes to 1st Grade!

And just like that......Lily has started first grade!  Today was the day and this little lady was practically bursting with anticipation! All morning she kept asking me, "Mommy, is it time to go to school yet?" I have to admit, I LOVE watching my girls grow up and open new chapters.  I LOVE IT!  This little girl was ready......so was her Momma!



I feel like first grade is a really big year for a kid.  Its funny that I say that because I cannot for the life of me remember my first grade teacher, but its big. It's the bottom of this big ladder of learning and it just feels really significant and important.  She has so much to learn and so much knowledge to gain. Knowledge is power....great power and this is the beginning of all that.  It all matters now.........No pressure kid.



Lily's personality is every bit as big and bold and daring as it ever has been, but Lily Lou is cautious.  She wants to do well, but doesn't leap without knowing how things could go.  The kid is fearless, but she is calculating.  She is bold, but must choose to be so.  Her heart is brave, but she needs affirmation.  She is determined......and when she sets her mind on something.....that's it.  Gosh her life is going to be so full of adventure but perhaps with a few less broken bones than her sister.



There is no doubt that it is time for school to start.  My girls are amazing playmates, but they are also excellent sparing partners.  The summer has been long....and short......and then long again.  They need a break from each other and are so happy to be getting back to their own posse's of friends.  





We all walked Miss Lily to school this morning and I will admit that I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.  People keep telling me that "It just goes by so fast."  Okay....I get it, but when your children are screaming and fighting and you are exhausted from refereeing all day, the start of school and new chapters is like a shining beacon reminding you that maturity is a beautiful thing.  I love that my girls are growing up.  It does go fast, but it also goes miserably slow and I for one embrace every chance to move forward.  Life is SO worth living and doing!


Lily walked right in to the crowded playground and found her friend crew.  There was no hesitation or fear.  She is ready and wants her time to go.  Little Evie found herself a sad lip this morning.  She would walk right into first grade too.  Don't worry wee giant.....your time is coming.


Lily, I am so proud of you little girl.  I am so excited for the year ahead of you and for the things that you are going to learn and do.  You are amazing and special.  Jesus created and incredible being in you.  You are full of love and compassion.  You understand injustice and push against it.  When I look at you I see the best parts of me and the best parts of Daddy all wrapped up in a special dose of Lily Grace.

You little girl are brave, bold and fearless.  You are a world changer and destined to do great BIG things.

You are Lily Grace Longmire........go and do you kid. (And don't forget me when you travel to China ;))


Happy first day of First Grade!



No comments:

Post a Comment