Thursday, February 10, 2011

That Tongue!


The Longmire family has been sick, sick, sick this past week. It would appear that our little daughter has thoroughly infected us all. So far I am the worst and boy do I feel awful! My nose is running literally off of my face, when I cough it is like my throat is on fire and I sneeze so hard that now I am the one blowing snot bubbles. It is definitely different being sick when you have a little baby to take care of. All that I want to do is curl up in bed and sleep for 8 hours. That is most definitely not in Lily Grace's plans so I am just going to have to push through. Oh well, this won't last forever right?

In my last post I shared that Lily has started to explore the world with her tongue. It is somewhat challenging to catch on film because her little tongue moves in and out of her mouth like a lizard.



Bob and I laughed so hard the other night because we put her in the Bjorn and she started to lick the side of it like it was covered in sugar. I whipped out the camera and managed to catch a few shots of her.


Every now and then you can catch a great shot. Don't know what it is about that side of the Bjorn, but she licked it until it was a big wet pile of drool.



Her latest thing is that unless we are running or in the car for a long period of time she does NOT want to be in her carseat. There is just so much of the world to see these days. I used to be able to take her to the grocery store and she would sleep like a rock in her seat. The other day she fell asleep on the drive to the store and then was promptly awake once I took her into the store. She wanted to see everything. Watching her look at everything up and down the aisles with such fascination made me think about how exciting life must be for her. Wouldn't it be nice if we could find such satisfaction and fascination walking up and down the grocery aisles?


We also discovered last week that she is old enough to go into our church's child care. For some reason I was under the impression that babies could not go into the child care until they were 6 months or so. I just found out that she could have gone in there 2 weeks after birth. Wish I would have known that. I haven't sat through a whole sermon for a while. Bob and I are looking forward to our next Sunday at church. We will see how she does!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, she is so darn cute. I love following your blog. Missed seeing you on our last trip to Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lily gets cuter each time I see her! It was so wonderful to catch up with you two ladies yesterday! Thanks for meeting me even though you weren't feeling well. Your friendship is such a blessing and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete