Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Personal Best!


Wow! It has been almost 4 weeks since my last post! Time flies. I laugh because this blog is supposed to be a great outlet for me and a way to keep everyone updated on Bob and I, but sometimes it is way too stressful! Anyways, I finally found some time to get everyone caught up on the last few weeks.

First of all I have to brag a bit! This morning I ran 4.1 miles in 31 minutes! That is the fastest that I have ever run. I think that means that I did an average of 7:40 minutes per mile! That is a personal best for me! It hurt so much. Bob went with me and he and Rocky chased me the whole time. Thank you honey for knowing that my competitive spirit wouldn't let you pass me! I couldn't have done it without you!

Okay back to catching up.....

Well after the marathon, Bob took some time off to recover. I on the other hand started to up my mileage. You see, Bob and I have the most romantic valentine's day plans. We are going to get up early in the morning put on our running shoes and run 13.1 miles at the base of the Superstition Mountains. Ahhh LOVE :) The Lost Dutchman Half Marathon is a smaller race that happens every year. We are looking forward to it as Jill, Steve and Bob's Aunt Sue will be out here running it with us! What a way to spend the day. Running has been a great outlet for Bob and I and it has kept us in great shape. Running is the secret to going down a jean size. To all those women out there who want to lose those infamous "5 pounds".....just start running. No joke! I have finally gotten back in to distance running shape. You know that you have achieved this when you hit the auto running mode where you can go for miles and almost not feel it...almost. Bob and I run 3-4 times a week and head to the gym 1-2 times. It has been great lately because we convinced Anna and Caleb to join so we now have gym buddies! Every Thursday we get together and take the Body Pump weight class. Working out is so much more fun when you do it with friends. Little Josiah goes to the Kidzone and everyone just loves him! I suppose that is not hard to do the kiddo is so stinkin' cute!

Speaking of kids. I am amazed at how many precious little ones Bob and I have in our life right now. Even though we don't have any of our own it seems like the Lord has blessed us with numerous little ones to brighten our lives. This past month we got to celebrate Kate Weatherly's first birthday!


It seems like she just popped into the world and she is already 1. It was so much fun to watch her eat/wear her cake. I think there even was a moment where she sat in it. Kate's big bro Mason has also stolen our hearts. He loves Bob and me and it is so much fun to hear him call out "Bob and Befamy are here!" Warms my heart every time.


It is especially cute to watch Kate and him. Kate is just mesmerized by her big brother. You can tell that she is going to be the girl that wants to do everything he does. Good Luck Matt and Tara!

We had a real special treat about a week ago. Two of my dear friends from the "King and I" play, Laura and Crystal came over with their hubbies for dinner. Crystal and Ben just had their first little one, Rowan, and Laura and Dan are pregnant with their first. Well during dinner I was holding Rowan and all of a sudden she just starts giggling uncontrollably. We were all taken back until we discovered that she was laughing at Rocky. Now Rocky wasn't necessarily doing anything interesting, but Rowan thought he was hilarious. She giggled on and off for about 5 minutes. It was so cute. Ben and Crystal were surprised as it was the first time that Rowan had giggled that long. We were all blessed to be a part of Rowan's joy. Boy sometimes it takes a little one to remind us just how joyful the little things are.

Last weekend Bob's stepsister and family were in town for a few days. We hardly ever get to see Sarah, Shawn and Isabella because they live in Minnesota. Since Isabella was born we have only seen her once.


Here we have this precious little niece and we hardly ever see her. She is all energy and smiles and she LOVES the kitties! My goodness, you couldn't stop her from finding the kitties. Bryce was interested and cuddly while Maddie was totally uninterested. Maddie hid under the bed the whole time much to Bella's chagrin! Sarah, Shawn, Isabella and Shawn's parents Dale and Darlene stayed with us through the weekend. Dale and Darlene drew the short stick and got stuck on the camping air mattress! Sorry we aren't better hosts guys :)

Last Saturday I woke up and decided to go and take a relaxing Yoga class with Traci. I discovered muscle groups I never thought I had. The class was an all levels class. Normally this would be good, but my personality is so competitive, that of course, I had to try all of the advanced moves. I don't think that I have worked that hard to bend my body or stand on my head! If I made a habit out of that class, I would be able to move in directions I never thought possible, thanks to my "Don't tell me I can't do that" attitude. Bob and I always say that if our kids get his athletic ability and my gumption, he/she will probably be an Olympian!


On Saturday night Matt and Tara invited us out to a Comedy Club in Phoenix. So we headed downtown and had a fantastic dinner at Sam's Cafe. Sam's Cafe is this little southwestern grill that sits in this awesome park. We ate so much food, Bob commented that he "wrecked himself." Between chips and salsa, dinner, dessert and second dessert (yes there is such a thing) we were stuffed to the rafters. Tara and I even added a margarita to the mix. The margaritas didn't mess around either. They were so strong that there was a "Limit 2" on them. One was way more than enough for me! After dinner as we walked back through the park, I took some photos. Tara and Matt were laughing that we looked like tourists, but I don't care.



These pictures looked awesome! After dinner we headed to the Dodge Theatre where we saw Gabriele Iglesias. He was a 300+ pound comedian who was absolutely hilarious. He does voices and tells humorous stories. We had a blast!

Oh yeah, one more thing! We got major rain. It was like Arizona was in the tropics for a whole week. The storms were unreal! Here is a picture of Tortilla Flats. Bob, Caleb and Josiah went up and saw the flooded road. Amazing huh? Hard to believe this is Arizona! The flooding was cool but not as good as the prickly pear ice cream, huh Josiah?





Well, that should get everyone up to speed on all the latest Longmire News. I promise to do a nice blog about our Half Marathon over the weekend...should be fun!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I found your blog! Sounds like you two are sure keeping busy with all your runs. What a romantic Valentine's, I'm excited for you. And jealous, I wish I was that athletic, but I lack some motivation ;)
    Thanks for posting the video, I loved watching it again!!!
    I hope I see you guys soon. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete