Wednesday, June 26, 2024

25 Percenter


I have been a Crossfitter for 2 years.  Every year the entire global crossfit community takes part in the Crossfit Open.  You can register yourself and see where you rank in skill and time with the globe.  Its super fun, super challenging, and just an incredible way to see how far you have come. Top percentage moves on to quarterfinals, then a smaller group hits semi finals, where the last men and women standing get their invitations to the official Crossfit games.



Last year I had no idea what I was doing so I took on the scaled versions of the workouts and simply went for the experience.  This year I registered for the RX division and got ready to get my behind handed to me.



After finishing all 3 workouts I had no idea what to expect.  As the numbers across the globe rolled in I found myself in the top 25% of women my age which meant I qualified for quarterfinals.  What??
I won't lie, it was pretty cool.  So I geared up for another 4 workouts to make it through quarterfinals.



The quarterfinals work was no joke.  Crossfitters are truly the fittest humans, but I did surprise myself with a few things.  I can do strict handstand push ups, and not just one....10, I can clean #155.  Can't get it above my head, but I can clean it multiple times. I have an engine for days. just get me going in a long slog workout and I can breathe and move like a machine.

I am very proud of my effort and really enjoyed seeing myself as a 25 percenter.  Who knows what the future will bring.  Im hoping for more muscles.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment