Wednesday, April 12, 2017

The Best Time of Year

This time of year is why we live in Arizona.  It is simply perfect out.  Yes, it is getting hot and the reality of a toasty Summer is upon us, but we cannot soak in enough of this perfect weather!  Last Saturday was one of those absolutely beautiful mornings.  Since it is still cool in the am I got to sleep in and run a little later.  I had 10 on my schedule, but just needed to run so I ended up finishing my lollipop trail to make it an even 12.  It was glorious. 


I got home and sent Bob out on his run.  He called a few minutes after leaving to tell me that a local real estate crew was throwing an annual easter egg hunt at our park.  Donuts, water and candy were free plus a petting zoo and a host of other vendors.  


The girls found the face painting stand right off the bat and patiently stood in line for their turn.  It was so much fun because I know so many of our neighbors and it was great to chat with them while waiting.  My girls are such independent little souls.  They poured over the designs and with complete commitment asked for their designs.


Evie got a Minnie look.....


Lily went completely in with a gorgeous butterfly.........


The results were perfect.


Next was the Easter Egg hunt.  I won't lie, I was really nervous about this because there were a lot of big kids in the bunch, but the egg hunt was portioned out and broken up into age groups which made it so much better for Evie.  She anxiously waited for the buzzer.


At first she was a little uncertain and wanted to open every individual egg instead of collect, collect, collect!  I practically wanted to bowl over a little 2 year old because she got in Evie's lane!  To my personal delight, Evie was so kind and gentle.  She even lost several eggs because she was busy making sure 2 other little kids had some.  I was so proud of her.


Now Lily was all business.  When it was her time to go she had an entire strategy and plan to collect the most eggs and she nailed it.  She put her bag around her neck and did her thing.  So fun to watch her.




Later in the heat of the day, the girls begged and begged for us to find a pool.  So we found ourselves a pool and had a blast.  To be clear.....it is not warm enough to be playing.  If you are working hard, the water is perfect, but if you are standing around in it?........FA REEZING!  So Bob took one for the team and played with the girls.


It always takes Evie a few minutes to remember that she swims and then BAM.......the kid is a fish.  Its amazing to watch my girls and even more amazing to watch the other parents around my kids.  Everyone is amazed "that little tike" can swim the way she does.  What can I say.......She is Evie and she is fearless.



We enjoyed our afternoon fully and even though it was not quite warm enough to really swim, we thoroughly enjoyed the sunshine and living the Arizona lifestyle.


We came home and within the hour Miss Evie had completely passed out.  I forgot how awesome swimming is for energy consumption.  Oh babe, the summer is just starting!

No comments:

Post a Comment